There's a place called Wonderland.

Because a star shines brightest during the darkest of nights. Because everything can fall into place with just one warm embrace. Because a pot of gold awaits at the end of the rainbow. And because I know dreams do come true.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

All for Charity



Yesterday, I was surfing the internet for volunteer works in my hometown. Involving myself in charity work is something I've been wanting to do for the longest time, and since I'm not yet busy with my summer internship, I've decided that now's the time to get started on my service journey. Fortunately, I came across Charity Focus and decided to become a volunteer. My info-session lasted about 15 minutes. By completing this info-session, I can start volunteering on some of their open-projects. Charity Focus is composed of volunteers from all over the world so basically, there will be a lot of communication going on in the form of e-mail between volunteers.

I instantly signed up for KarmaTube and I am still waiting for my Project Team Approval. Being a part of KarmaTube, my responsibility would be to scout for inspiring and meaningful online videos so we can broadcast it to farther corners of the world. They are accepting volunteers internationally so I guess it suits me just fine. I am a hundred and one percent behind their mission to BE THE CHANGE, while using the internet as the primary instrument of service. Don't you think this is way worth my time than going online to find the latest showbiz chika on PEP or even to update my friendster account? hahah.

Here's my chance to take part in creating a better world, at the same time bringing forth inner transformation with the help of selfless service.



Now that's how I define SUMMER FUN. Talk about the best gift I can give myself and others too this summer!

1 comment:

Jenny Douglas said...

Hello! I'm a coordinator at KarmaTube and have just come across your lovely blog entry. We'd be delighted to have you volunteer with us. If no one's contacted you yet, please click the "contact us" button on the KarmaTube site and we can be in touch directly from there.
Looking forward to serving with you.
;-)
In joy and in service,
Jenny