There's a place called Wonderland.

Because a star shines brightest during the darkest of nights. Because everything can fall into place with just one warm embrace. Because a pot of gold awaits at the end of the rainbow. And because I know dreams do come true.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MILESTONE



Graduation day.


It was the day we've all been waiting for. Suddenly my constant whining about school stuff and about how sleep-deprived I was during my five years of college became nothing when compared to this. March 25, 2009 was definitely well worth the wait. :]

On the day that marks a great milestone on my simple life

I remember feeling like something has come to an end. After all, going to school was something I've done for seventeen years, I was happy, relieved, excited and hopeful. This marked the end of getting up in the mornings to put on our white and green uniform, it marked the end of our fifteen minute walk from the entrance of the university to our college building. It marked the end of countless problem sets, laboratory reports and exams. It marked the end of lunch with my closest friends at the canteen then in the student's lounge, huddled together in our group sharing stories, laughing and most of the time cramming for assignments and quizzes until the bell rang. It marked the end of our barkada bonding after class, our movie dates, shopping with the girls or patiently waiting for the boys while they bask in on computer games. This marked the end of my 5 minute- powder break turned 15 minutes chikahan session with the girls in the CR while the boys wait by the door; I will never forget their exasperated what-took-you-so-long looks when we finally had the urge to come out. :]]

I will surely miss my dearest friends and the rest of the ECE 51. They are the very reason why I still look forward to going to school everyday despite the very heavy workload that awaits us each day and a serious form of fatigue that goes along with it. It sucks that the two belonged to a single package.

I will definitely miss my professors, and I will always be grateful to them for giving us the benefit of their wisdom.

The most important lesson I've learned isn't about the stuff I learned from textbooks or laboratory experiments or from the long hours of sitting in class. It is the lesson I've learned through meeting the people who touched my heart.. and still do until now! :]]


No comments: