There's a place called Wonderland.

Because a star shines brightest during the darkest of nights. Because everything can fall into place with just one warm embrace. Because a pot of gold awaits at the end of the rainbow. And because I know dreams do come true.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Usual November 1st

A lot has happened over the long weekend and I'm glad I set aside time for myself, some quality time with friends and of course, the usual Undas tradition of our family. We went to the cemetery along with I think, everyone else. After all, what is it to do on November 1st?






So we stayed at the cemetery most parts of the day. Lighted candles and said our prayers, played some cards with the kids, ate (a lot!) and ate some more. One cool thing about going home in Indang, Cavite is that almost everyone I know can whip up mouthwatering native delicacies like suman, biko (these are basically forms of rice cakes & I regret that I didn't even take a picture) and cassava cakes any time of the day. So this explains the ate (a lot!) description of how my day went. I brought a new book with me this time, it's called The Hunger Games- the first of a trilogy. It was mainly reading a few chapters before I grab a plate and started savoring our baon again and again. I gave the books to my sister Louise as a Christmas present and she's spent almost a year trying to convince me to read them but I kept on procrastinating. Now that I'm back on track, thanks to Eat Pray Love & Fat Cat, I happily and willingly obliged. :) Louise told me that the book will be translated into the big screen, to be released on March 23, 2012. I am very much looking forward to this already.

I reckon by returning to my old habit of reading books one after another, updating this blog comes along with it. And yes, I will try my best to sneak in here every once in a while and hopefully I come up with something worth reading (and writing) each time.

Ciao for now!

No comments: